A chronic condition can affect how you live your life and put you at risk of developing other more serious health problems. Many chronic conditions are the result of something undiagnosed, or the developing stages of autoimmune, which are very difficult to diagnose in the traditional method. Dr. Noosha at Ashburn Laser & Skincare Clinic offers patient-centered approaches to wellness, providing the compassionate support and medical guidance you need to improve your physical and emotional well-being. For an integrative approach to your chronic autoimmune condition, schedule a consultation by calling the offices in Ashburn and McLean, Virginia, or making an appointment online.request an appointment
What is a chronic condition?
A chronic condition is one that lasts a year or more. Many chronic conditions require regular medical care and monitoring to ensure your optimal health and functioning.
Some of the most common chronic conditions seen by the doctor’s include:
- Skin concerns (Psoriasis, Atopic dermatitis [eczema], Rosacea, Acne)
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Chronic GI conditions (IBS, IBD [Chron’s & Colitis], food allergies/sensitivities]
- Other autoimmune conditions seen & managed: autoimmune thyroid diseases [Hashimoto]; systemic lupus erythematosus [Lupus]; multiple sclerosis [MS]; rheumatoid arthritis [RA]; chronic inflammatory response syndrome [CIRS]/biotoxin illness; mast cell activation syndrome [MCAS]; celiac disease; pernicious anemia, etc…
- Other chronic conditions seen & managed: tick borne illnesses including Lyme + other infectious diseases; chronic fatigue syndrome [CFS]; fibromyalgia; many neuropsychiatric disorders (attention deficit, cognitive deficit, palsies, eating disorders); PCOS, endometriosis
At Ashburn Laser & Skincare Clinic, the team may be able to help treat chronic headaches or migraines with Botox®, in addition to addressing aesthetic concerns like fine lines and wrinkles.
What are the complications of a chronic or autoimmune condition?
When you have an acute condition like sunburns or hives, it usually resolves with medications and some recovery time. With a chronic condition, it might feel like you’re never going to get better. This can also affect your emotional well-being, causing low mood and self-esteem. At Ashburn Laser & Skincare Clinic, our method is to get to the root cause of why your body may “be attacking itself”, although the doctor’s here don’t believe your body would ever attack itself by design, but instead there has been something missed in terms of a certain trigger or antecedent.
Additionally, failing to get to the root cause or get the right care for your chronic condition may cause other health complications. For some people, prescription medications can also play a role in your chronic condition care, but they might cause unpleasant side effects. Here, we work to manage your symptoms and heal from the inside out with the most natural, least invasive therapies first.
What can I expect during a chronic or autoimmune condition consultation?
You can expect a patient-centered evaluation when you visit Ashburn Laser & Skincare Clinic for a chronic condition consultation. The team takes a holistic approach to care, focusing on your whole health not your symptoms or disease.
They ask detailed questions about your symptoms and how it affects your daily life.. They also review your medical history, family history, and perform a physical exam. Ashburn Laser & Skincare Clinic also runs advanced lab testing to find the root cause of your condition with the most up to date and evidence based functional labs.
What are the treatments for a chronic or autoimmune condition?
Ashburn Laser & Skincare Clinic customizes your chronic condition treatment plan based on your previous diagnoses, symptoms, medical history, and health goals. The team work closely with you, designing a plan that fits your lifestyle.
Treatment might include:
- Finding the right anti-inflammatory diet that works & is sustainable for you
- Identifying & removing triggers
- Nutrient & mineral supplements
- Energetic healing
- Stress management
- Disease-specific medication
- Routine monitoring
- Hormone therapy
- Intense pulsed light therapy (IPL)
- Referrals to specialists
The goal of your chronic condition treatment plan is to help you take control of your health so you can live your best life by educating you and removing any labels placed on you in the past.
For patient-centered chronic condition care, schedule a consultation at Ashburn Laser & Skincare Clinic by calling the offices today or booking an appointment online.